If you sustain a head injury in Stow-on-the-Wold through no fault of your own, Accident Advice Helpline will be able to assist you with raising a personal injury claim.
UK head injury statistics
The figures shown below relate to head injuries which tend to indicate various types of brain injury from minor to severe, some resulting in long-term disability.
- In the year 2011/2012 – the total hospital admissions were 213,752
- Superficial head injury at missions – 169,652
- There has been a 33.5% increase in head injuries during the last decade here in the UK
- Men are twice as likely as women to sustain a traumatic brain injury
- The groups most risks are 15/24-year-old males, and 80 year old adults
Brain injury statistics
Now let’s take a look specifically at brain injuries, not just head injuries. Brain injuries are acquired through many different set of circumstances, and they include things like: abscess and hyponatremia, anoxia, brain tumours, CO2 poisoning, encephalitis, hydrocephalus, and meningitis. Brain injuries are far more prevalent than many people realise; take a look at the statistics:
- There are approximately 1,000,000 people here in the UK currently suffering with some form of effect from brain injury
- 558 people per 100,000 sustain brain injuries
- Someone attends a hospital A&E departments with a brain injury every 90 seconds
- In the year 2011/2012 – 353,059 people were admitted to hospital with acquired brain injuries
Statistics provided courtesy of the headway.org website
Allow us to help you with your head injury in Stow-on-the-Wold claim
If you’ve suffered a head injury in Stow-on-the-Wold through no fault of your own, you may be entitled to compensation, for as Dame Esther Rantzen, one of our staunchest supporters says, “The law states that if you’ve been hurt, and someone else is to blame, you should be compensated.” If this is applicable to you, then we can help you with the raising of any no-win, no-fee* claim you might be considering; but please bear in mind that the injury must have occurred within the last three years.
Check out the value of your claim
You can see how much compensation that you may be awarded by going to our website and using the HOW MUCH calculator we’ve made available for anyone to use on our homepage. Just provide the simple information requested and you’ll b air e given an estimate within 30 seconds.
Chat to an adviser about your head injury in Stow-on-the-Wold
In order to make things as easy as possible for our clients, we also provide a helpline. You can access this by calling 0800 689 0500 from any landline, or 0800 500 0993 from any mobile. Our team of experienced advisers are always on hand to help.
Date Published: 4th March 2014
Author: David Brown