Warehousing is quite a dangerous industry to work in and in fact the statistics have it has the third worst for serious injuries and accidents while at work, only construction and farming being worse. This explains why there are so many warehouse workers who make a Hambleton accident at work claim, after being injured in an accident that was not their fault.
There are different warehouse accidents that can be the reason for a Hambleton accident at work claim
There are lots of different accidents that can happen in a warehouse, just some of them being:
- Accidents with forklift trucks – these are a vital part of equipment in a warehouse, but from the drivers pint of view, they cannot always see where they are going because of their load, and of course there is also the possibility of their load falling. Handling ones of these trucks is a real skill, and only qualified operators should be allowed to use them.
- Falls from height – warehouses are often on several levels, so workers sometimes have to work at height. There are rules and regulations relation to working at height, and if these are not followed, then this type of accident easily happens, and it does occasionally result in a death.
- Stock falling onto workers – by the nature of a warehouse, stock can be stacked quite high, and if this is not done safely, the stock can fall onto someone and cause them dreadful injuries.
- Exposure to dangerous substances – warehouses can store a multitude of different things, and sometimes this can be dangerous substances such as chemical, pesticides etc. The employer should provide the necessary safety equipment and clothing to workers handling these, without any charge at all.
- Lifting heavy goods – Lifting heavy goods has to be done in a particular way, and it is not the same for each one. The way it is lifted depends on size and weight, and workers need to be properly trained in the correct way to do this.
- Spillages and obstructions – walkways should always be kept clear of spillages and obstruction, as someone moving something might not see them and then have an accident at work that was not their own fault. As soon as a spillage happens it should be cleaned up, and obstructions should never be allowed to happen in the first place.
Making a Hambleton accident at work claim
If you need to make a Hambleton accident at work claim, the simplest, fastest and most efficient way is to get in touch with Accident Advice helpline, either by one of the options on our website or by calling our freephone helpline number, 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone and speaking to our expert, friendly claims advisers.
And don’t worry that you cannot afford to make a claim, as we work on a ‘no win, no fee*’ basis, which means you do not have to find any money to start your claim, or if your claim is lost.