Special damages for Hackney ‘no win, no fee’ claims
When making Hackney ‘no win, no fee’ claims one of your main concerns will be how much compensation you are entitled to. Nonetheless, what a lot of people do not realise is that compensation is split into two parts.
Firstly, you have general damages. This is the money you receive for the injuries you have suffered. This figure is calculated based on your suffering and the impact the injury is having on your everyday life. However, you also have special damages as well. Keeping that in mind, this article provides you with all the information you need to know about special damages for Hackney no win no fee claims.
What are special damages? Special damages are essentially out of pocket expenses. They relate to any costs you have encountered because of the injury you have suffered. For example, let’s say you have been involved in a car crash and you have been unable to work for a week. If you are self-employed and not covered by sick pay, you will have experienced a loss of income. This counts as a special damage.
What are some of the main examples of special damages?
- Loss of income – As mentioned, if you are unable to work and this has resulted in a loss of income, you will be able to claim for this.
- Accommodation expenses – If you have had to sort out alternative accommodation or alterations to your own property because of your injury you will get compensation for this.
- Travel costs – Travel costs can relate to anything from travelling to the hospital to having to sort alternative travel until you are able to drive again.
- Medical fees – From prescriptions to treatments, it is likely that you will incur some medical expenses during the recovery process.
- Childcare costs – Have you had to sort out childcare whilst you recover? If so, you will also be able to claim for this.
So there you have it – an insight into the special damages for Hackney no win no fee claims. Make sure you keep proof and any other receipts in order to ensure you get the full amount of compensation you deserve.
How to get in touch with us Hackney no win no fee claims
Call, text or complete the handy 30 second calculator on our website. The details you need are:
Helpline numbers: 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
You can try the quick and easy 30 second test on our website, http://www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk/30-second-test
Or why not text ‘Claim365’ to 88010?
Date Published: 23rd September 2014
Author: David Brown