How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Free claim guide

    Do you need a free claim guide for an accident at work?

    Most employers have to have employers liability insurance.  There are a few exceptions such as:

    • Government departments
    • Health trusts
    • Travel executives
    • Local authorities

    What is Employers’ Liability insurance: will the free claim guide explain it?

    All employers have the responsibility to protect the health and safety of their employees in the work place, but sometimes things do go wrong and employers have this insurance so that if there is an accident, the insurance company pay any compensation due and not the employer.

    What type of accidents can happen at work?

    The list is endless, from minor injuries to disabling injuries and even fatal injuries.  Some are immediate one off injuries, others can take years to develop and be life changing injuries or illnesses.  Our free claim guide covers just a few.

    • Your employer has to make sure you have enough space to work in comfortably, otherwise you could end up with back injuries from constantly twisting and turning or being in an uncomfortable position for too long.
    • Your employer has to make sure that all walkways are free from spillages and obstructions so that you do not have a slip, trip or fall accident at work.
    • You could be exposed to gasses or chemicals that short term would not harm you.  However, over the long term they can cause industrial diseases and illness that might not become apparent until a long time after you have left the employment
    • You might be using equipment or machinery that vibrates and develop vibration white finger.

    What other responsibilities does your employer have?

    • Your employer has to carry out risk assessments to identify where the risks in your employment lie, they have to carry out any recommendations that the risk assessments highlight.
    • Every accident, no matter how minor or major, has to be recorded in an accident book.  This can be manual or digital, but should be kept for future reference.  It is meant mainly to help employees, but can be useful to the employer to keep a check on what accidents are happening and hopefully take steps to stop them to continue to happen.
    • Accidents of a serious nature have to be reported to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) who will send officers to investigate the accident.  If you are involved in a serious accident and you think your employer may not have reported it, you should do so yourself, the safety of others could be at risk.

    What is considered a serious accident?

    Accidents that should be reported to HSE include:

    • Broken arms and legs
    • People being overcome by gas or chemical fumes
    • Any accident involving more than one person
    • Any accident that keeps you off work for more than three days
    • Any fatal accidents

    You should also report your injury to Accident Advice Helpline. We are a law firm who will assist you with your personal injury compensation claim, phone our helpline on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 and get the free claim guide you need from the experts.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: 5th August 2013

    Author: matthew

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.