What sort of accident can be cause for a personal injury claim
- Car crash
- Motorbike accident
- Bicycle accident
- Accident caused by potholes or bad road surfaces
- Slips, trips or falls in a public place
- Industrial illness
- Industrial disease
- Defective equipment
- Work related accident
- Criminal assault
For personal injury, are most organisations are insured?
Most of the people you make a personal injury compensation claim against do not pay it themselves, but are insured for such an eventuality.
- Motor insurance is for car, motorbike or any other sort of road vehicle. If the other driver is uninsured, or untraceable, the claim is made instead to the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB)
- Employers liability insurance is cover employers if there is a claim. All employers must have this although there are a few exceptions such as government departments, health trusts, travel executives, local authorities.
- Public liability insurance usually comes as part of the package of insurance businesses need and most of the exceptions to employers liability insurance do have public liability insurance.
- In the case of a criminal injury your claim would be put to the Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA)
- Some claims are made directly against local authorities, government departments and health trusts.
For personal injury these organisations and companies all sound very grand and complex
To the layman that is probably how they appear to be. Here at Accident Advice Helpline, dealing with them is an every day occurrence. Our solicitors have a wealth of knowledge and expertise for personal injury compensation claims, they know how to handle these large organisations and the best way to present your claim to give you the best chance of success.
We are open all day every day for your convenience, our helpline number is 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 and there you will speak to friendly advisors, be given free advice which is also free of obligation. They will assist you all they can in putting your claim into motion.
Or you could try our online 30-second test, which will let you know if you qualify for a personal injury claim and if so how much you are likely to get.
Date Published: 4th August 2013