Want to start a food poisoning claim in Tadworth?
Food poisoning can be a distressing and debilitating condition that is caused by consuming food that has been contaminated by bacteria, viruses or even parasites. The effects of eating contaminated food can cause unpleasant symptoms to develop, which can ruin family occasions such as weddings and even holidays. In some instances, the food poisoning can be widespread and affect a number of people who can all become ill very quickly causing an outbreak of food poisoning.
Bacterial food poisoning
Bacterial food poisoning is one of the most common causes of contamination of food.
- Campylobacter is the most common bacterial cause of food poisoning. It is usually found in raw and under cooked meat,un-pasteurised milk and untreated water.
- Salmonella is found in raw and lightly cooked eggs, raw and under cooked poultry.
- Listeria is found in ready to eat foods that are usually chilled such as pate, cooked sliced meats, soft cheeses, ready to eat sandwiches and untreated water.
Viral causes of food poisoning
- Norovirus is the most well known viral cause of food poisoning and is responsible for most cases of viral food poisoning. Norovirus may be transferred from infected people to food and then to other food stuffs, causing widespread infection. This is known as cross contamination.
Parasitic causes of food poisoning
- Toxoplasmosis may cause parasitic food poisoning to occur if food that is grown is infected with toxoplasmosis. Toxoplasmosis is an infection that is predominantly found in cats who can contaminate food with their faeces. Foods should be thoroughly washed and cleaned to avoid potential risks of infection.
Symptoms of food poisoning
There are several symptoms that could point towards you having food poisoning, such as:
- Stomach cramps.
- Fever and temperature.
Most of these symptoms will disappear over a few days, but in severe cases food poisoning can cause damage to the central nervous system and even death.
Making your injury claim using injury lawyers
If you, or some one close to you, has suffered a bout of food poisoning that wasn’t caused by your fault within the last 3 years’, then contact the leading experts, Accident Advice Helpline’s injury lawyers to start a food poisoning claim in Tadworth.
Accident Advice Helpline have in excess of 15 years‘ experience of processing personal injury compensation claims using their expert injury lawyers. Their dedicated telephone helpline is committed to answering your queries quickly and efficiently over the phone.
Their capable and helpful advisers can inform you of your legal rights to claim using their injury lawyers. Their specialist injury lawyers will process your claim on a 100% no-win, no-fee basis. If you are eligible to make a claim, our injury lawyers will process your claim reliably, accountably, dependably and with integrity.
Call us today on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.
Date Published: 12th November 2013
Author: David Brown