Expert solicitor in Hengoed


Do you work with dangerous chemicals?

If you work with dangerous chemicals as part of your day to day job then it is the responsibility of your employer to ensure that you are kept safe as much as possible.

Chemical can be dangerous for a wide number of reasons, from causing irritation to skin, to breathing difficulties when inhaled. They can also be extremely flammable. This means that suitable care should be taken when they are being used, and steps should be taken to minimise risks.

If your employer has failed in their duty to ensure your safety and you have suffered an injury as a result, then you should speak to an expert solicitor in Hengoed today to find out if you could make a claim for compensation.

Employer Liability

All employers have a duty of care to the people who work for them.  In the case of dangerous chemicals this means adhering to the points set out in the control of substances hazardous to health regulations (COSHH).

The COSHH regulations stipulate that employers should try to minimise the use of dangerous chemicals wherever possible.  In other words, if there is an alternative product available which is potentially less harmful then this it should be used at all available opportunities.  Failure to do this could mean that an expert solicitor in Hengoed will be able to help you make a claim against them.

If it is not possible to change the type of chemicals being used then your employer should perform detailed risk assessments of not only the individuals being exposed to the products (taking special account of people with reading difficulties, language comprehension problems and those with medical conditions), as well as the situation in which the products are being used.

Such risk assessments can help identify people who are fundamentally unsuitable to work with these products, or highlight areas where additional training or support should be provided to help minimise the potential for danger.

Risk assessments should be completed and reassessed on a regular basis to ensure they remain valid. If your employer has not conducted a risk assessment and you are injured during the course of your job then a solicitor in Hengoed may be able to help you make a claim against your employer for not doing all they could to ensure your safety.

Equally the risk assessments should demonstrate what personal protection equipment should be used to help guard against accident or injury. This could include the use of gloves, boots, face masks, goggles or overalls.

Contact an expert solicitor in Hengoed today

To find out if an Accident Advice Helpline could help you make a claim for compensation you should contact us directly today.

Alternatively you can take our 30 second test which will not only tell you if you meet the criteria to make a claim, but give you an idea of how much your claim might be worth.

So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )