How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Expert legal advice in Kirkby

    Expert legal advice in Kirkby

    You may be a resident of Kirby and perhaps you took part in the Rent Strike which took place over a fourteen month period between 1972 and 73. This was because of rent rises and the poor housing conditions many tenants in Kirby lived in. Did you know that if you become ill, now, because of the poor housing conditions you live in, you may be able to make a personal injury compensation claim against your landlord? Read on for expert legal advice in Kirkby.

    Expert legal advice in Kirkby

    There are several reasons for seeking out expert legal advice in Kirkby or ones based elsewhere in the UK. You may have been diagnosed with an illness which you can prove was caused by another person’s negligence, or you may have been involved in an accident which you can prove was not your fault.

    You usually have three years in which to file a personal injury compensation claim, although in some cases you only have two years in which to make your claim from the date of your accident. However, the sooner you begin your claim the better for several reasons.

    1 The details of an accident will be clearer in your mind if you file a claim as soon as you possibly can after it.

    2 You may have to wait for years to be awarded compensation if the case has to go before a court.

    Open Claim Calculator

    3 You may suffer financial hardship if you have to wait for compensation.

    Some illnesses caused by negligence

    As mentioned above, if you are a tenant, living in poor housing conditions and you become ill because of them, you could consult a firm of injury solicitors Kirkby or ones based anywhere else in the UK, to find out if you have good grounds upon which to build a personal injury compensation claim. For example you may live in damp conditions and you have repeatedly asked your landlord to fix the problem. If this has not been done and you have been diagnosed with a respiratory disease, then you may be able to make a claim.

    You may also be able to make a personal injury compensation claim if you have had food poisoning after eating out. You would have to prove, along with your injury solicitors Kirkby or elsewhere, that your illness was caused by the negligence of the kitchen staff in the preparation of cooking of the meal.

    If you have been diagnosed with a work-related illness you and your injury solicitor may be able to prove that it was the result of your employer’s negligence.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you believe that you have any sort of personal injury compensation claim to make, call us at Accident Advice Helpline for expert legal advice and help. You can call us at any time, every day of the year on one of our freephone numbers. These are 0800 689 0500 for landlines and 0333 500 0993 for mobiles. For expert legal advice regarding your personal injury compensation claim call us now.

    Date Published: 28th December 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.