When it is important to see a doctor and when to find an expert law firm
Going to see a doctor can take time and be a fairly long and drawn out process, particularly if you live in a big town or city. For this reason, when you are suffering from a cold or virus, or have a minor injury which you know will ease up on its own then you may want to avoid going to a doctor just to save yourself the time and effort. However, there are some cases where you really should see a doctor as soon as you can, to ensure that your illness or injury doesn’t get any worse and that you recover as quickly as you can.
- When bleeding won’t stop. Any form of bleeding which simply won’t stop probably requires stitches or at the very least medical attention. If you have been bleeding for a long time then you may also have lost a lot of blood and need attention for this.
- If you have a head injury. A head injury can be very dangerous, leading to serious complications or even death. If you suspect that you have a head injury, or have had a head injury and are suffering from headaches, see a doctor.
- In case of infection. Any wound which is struggling to heal properly has a chance of becoming infected, and this can lead to serious complications. If you think that a wound is infected you need to get to a doctor.
- If you have serious vomiting or diarrhoea. Both vomiting and diarrhoea can lead to dehydration and even death if they go unchecked, so if you have been vomiting for a long time you should see a doctor.
- If pain won’t go away or is getting worse. Obviously, something which is getting worse or staying the same is not healing the way that it should, which could point to a more serious problem which needs to be dealt with.
Finding an expert law firm in West Oxfordshire
If you have been injured or made worse by the negligence of your doctor, you may want to consider speaking to an expert law firm in West Oxfordshire about making a compensation claim. If you work with an expert law firm in West Oxfordshire, they can help you through the claims process and make it easier for you.
If you are uncomfortable about approaching a law firm in West Oxfordshire, you could contact Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile instead. The helpline has over 10 years’ experience in the field of personal injury compensation claims, and works with experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers to help you to get the compensation you deserve. You can also call the helpline to get advice and support you need when making a claim.