Warehouses can be hazardous places to work if the employers do not ensure everything is in place to make it a safe workplace. Even then, accidents often occur in them. If you are involved in one that was not your fault, and you were injured because of it, you may be able to make a personal injury compensation claim. In order to do so, you may want the help of expert injury lawyers in Portlethen.
Expert injury lawyers in Portlethen understand warehouse injury claims
There are numerous ways in which accidents can happen in a warehouse, some of which could be life changing. A few examples are:
- People tripping over objects left on the floor;
- Spillages on the floor that have not been cleared up;
- Objects falling onto people;
- Heavy lifting injuries;
- Accident involving a forklift truck;
- Being exposed to chemicals and substances; and
- Falling from heights.
If you are injured in any type of accident while working in a warehouse, or anywhere else for that matter, you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim, and you could do worse than using expert injury lawyers in Portlethen. Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we can fight your claim for you.
Reducing the risks
There will always be accidents in warehouses, and all that the employers can try to do is reduce the risks as much as possible. They can:
- Follow the regulations about working at heights and make sure employees comply with them;
- Make sure all employees know how to handle heavy goods and give them proper training in lifting these;
- Make sure there are safety rails at heights and on stairs;
- Only let fully qualified operators use forklift trucks;
- Clear spillages and obstructions from walkways as soon as possible;
- If storing dangerous chemicals or substances, ensure staff are aware of this and put correct safety measures relating to that substance in place;
- Provide protective clothing such as boots and gloves and make sure employees wear them;
- Issue everyone with a hard hat and make sure they are worn; and
- Provide high-visibility jackets, which will make the workers more visible.
These are just a few pointers for keeping the warehouse safe, but different situations will require different measures and it is up to the employer to make sure that they have done all they can to make their warehouse a safe working environment.
Making a warehouse injury claim
If after everything being done correctly, you are still in an accident at the warehouse that was not your fault, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline to discuss making a personal injury compensation claim with our support. Don;t restrict yourself to local expert injury lawyers in Portlethen.
You can do this either through our website by completing the online claim form or our 30-second test, or by phone. We will assist you in getting the compensation you deserve for your pain, suffering and anything else applicable. You can call us anytime, on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993, to speak to one of our friendly and helpful advisors.
Date Published: 29th October 2013
Author: David Brown