Expert injury lawyers in Pontllyfni
Pontllyfni sits between Caernarfon and Aberdesach on the northern coast of Gwynedd in north west Wales. The Afon Llyfni runs into the Irish Sea here, from its source at Llyn Nantlle Uchaf, whilst just over a kilometre north the Afon Llifon runs into the sea beside Maes Mawr. Walkers will appreciate the many trails in the area of Pontllyfni.
Workers in Wales probably appreciate their surroundings as well, such beautiful countryside and mountains all around them. This doesn’t make them immune to accidents though, or to work-related disorders such as carpal tunnel syndrome, which is almost always caused at work. Employers have duty of care to try to avoid such conditions, and if they fail in this duty the victim may be entitled to make an injury claim using expert injury lawyers in Pontllyfni.
Carpal tunnel syndrome and expert injury lawyers in Pontllyfni
The eight carpal bones and the tendons in the wrist form the carpal tunnel. The main nerve to the hand runs through this, and if that gets compressed in some way then the result is carpal tunnel syndrome.
The work-related causes of carpal tunnel syndrome
There are many causes for carpal tunnel syndrome. Just a few of them are:
- Constantly using a keyboard;
- Continual use of vibrating tools;
- Excessive forceful bending of the wrist;
- Regular heavy lifting;
- Repeated direct pressure on the base of the palm; and
- Excessive forceful pinch grips.
The effects of the condition are:
- Pins and needles in the middle and index fingers is how it starts;
- Then you may experience burning or tingling sensations in the same fingers;
- Eventually this will turn to pain;
- Occasionally, some sufferers experience dry and chaffed skin in the affected area; and
- At its worst, the thumb can become numb and weak causing a lack of grip. Eventually, if the condition is not treated, it can lead to muscle wasting at the base of the thumb.
If your employer has been negligent, causing this condition to develop, you may want to make a personal injury claim using injury lawyers in Pontllyfni.
Handling carpal tunnel syndrome
For some unknown reason, women are more likely to develop this condition than men, particularly when they are pregnant. If the symptoms start to happen in your hand and you think you may have the problem, you should stop doing whatever action is the cause, or it will continue to get worse. The treatments vary from resting the wrist to surgery for releasing the nerve in its later stages.
Accident Advice Helpline are experts in personal injury claims for all types of accidents and injuries. Over the last 15 years, we have helped many thousands of claimants to pursue their claims and get the compensation to which they were entitled.
You can complete our 30-second test online, which will give you some guidance as to the amount you are likely to receive, or you can speak to one of our friendly advisors on our helpline freephone number 0800 689 0500, and we will help you all that we can.