Expert injury lawyer in Pulborough
Pulborough is a large village in the Horsham district of West Sussex. Each year, Pulborough hosts the 12 hour Lawn Mower race that runs continuously for 12 hours. On August Bank Holiday, the Pulborough duck race society hosts its annual duck race, a charity event.
This all sounds very pleasant, let just hope it is not ruined by a violent crime causing injuries to someone who resides there. If this did happen to a resident, or anyone anywhere else in the country, they may be entitled to make a criminal injury compensation claim and to do this they may want to use an expert injury lawyer in Pulborough.
The expert injury lawyer in Pulborough explains the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme is government funded to compensate the faultless victims of violent crime. The government knows that no amount of money can compensation for your experience, but it is recognition of public sympathy of your suffering. The Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA) administers the scheme.
The payments the scheme will cover
The scheme will pay for:
- Personal injury following a single incident
- Personal injury following a period of abuse
- Loss of earnings
- Special expenses payments – to cover specific injury-related requirements which are not free of charge from any source
- Fatal injuries, including loss of parental services and financial dependency
- Funeral payments
Those able to make a claim to the scheme
You may be able to make a claim to the scheme if:
- You were a direct victim of a crime of violence
- You were not to blame for the incident
- Sustained an injury while taking an exceptional and justified risk, while trying to remedy or prevent a crime
- Sustained a mental injury as a result of witnessing or being involved in the immediate aftermath of an incident in which a loved one is injured
- Are the qualifying relative of a victim who has died from injuries caused by a crime of violence
Other relevant points are:
- The incident should have happened with the last two years, except in exceptional circumstances
- You should have informed the police
- You should have helped with their enquiries to give them every chance of apprehending the villain
- You must be a British citizen or a national of an EU country that has a right to be in the UK
Accident Advice Helpline and an expert injury lawyer in Pulborough are here to help
Being the victim of a violent crime is a very traumatic experience without having to go through the stress of making a compensation claim.
Accident Advice Helpline are here to help, here to take the stress away and make you claim as trouble free as possible.
We have in house solicitors with a wealth of knowledge and experience, for them personal injury compensation claims, of all types, is a daily occurrence. When making any compensation claim you need the best on your side and with our solicitors you will have exactly that.
The sooner we know about your compensation claim, the sooner we can start the processes. Speak to one of our advisors on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500, you will find them friendly, professional and compassionate and your conversation will be confidential. After a chat with them you will be under no obligation to proceed unless you want to.
Date Published: 21st October 2013
Author: David Brown