Expert injury lawyer in Porthscatho
Personal accident claims can be started for any type of accident that was not your fault that results in you having an injury which needed medical attention. Victims quite often overlook an accident claim when they are injured through a defective product, but this entitles you just as much to make a personal injury compensation claim as if you were hurt at work, or in any other accident.
Defective products can cause untold damage. Here are just a few examples:
- Cycling accidents caused by defective brakes;
- Cars are often recalled because of faulty parts;
- Faulty electrical goods in the home or garden can cause very nasty accidents;
- Tongs, dryers, straighteners or bleaches and bleaching equipment can cause damage to the hair and scalp at the hairdressers;
- Children can be hurt by playing with defective toys; and
- Breast implants, other cosmetic implants, replacement hip joint or any other faulty medical device can cause injury.
The avoidance of a personal injury claim
Any concern that supplies products to consumers has to make sure those products are safe. The biggest responsibility falls on the manufacturers of the products, but wholesalers and shops also have legal responsibilities. Businesses that fail to meet these responsibilities will find the consequences can be very serious. They can be fined or even imprisoned, as well as being sued by the victim, who may use an expert injury lawyer in Porthscatho.
UK law says products sold to consumers must be safe. Producers, manufacturers and importers need to help ensure their products are safe by:
- Warning consumers about any potential risks;
- Providing the consumers with information to help them understand the risks;
- Monitoring the safety of their products; and
- Taking action if any product is found to be unsafe.
Sometimes, more than one business is involved in the production of an item. For instance, several companies could supply the parts to make one item, and in this situation they can be jointly liable if the finished product causes an injury resulting in a personal injury claim using an expert injury lawyer in Porthscatho.
Trading Standards Officers in local authorities are responsible for most safety enforcement, so if you are injured because of a defective product then you should report it to them. They will take the necessary action.
We will take the necessary action, too
Accident Advice Helpline can assist you with making a personal injury compensation claim if faulty goods have injured you. We will take whatever action is necessary. We were established in 2000, the founders’ intentions being to give access to justice to victims of non-fault accidents under the no win no fee* agreement, and we have achieved that for many thousands of claimants who have suffered all types of accidents and injuries.
Call our freephone helpline on 0800 180 4123. Our advisors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, there to give you free advice and help you along the way with your free accident claims.