Do you have an Ely accident claim?
If you have been involved in an accident that was not your fault, then you may be eligible to make an Ely accident claim. Here, we are going to tell you what you really need to know about this important subject.
What type of accidents does this cover?
Almost any type of accident you can imagine could result in an accident claim, including things such as:
- Car collisions
- Cycle or motorbike accidents, whether with another vehicle or caused by a road defect or equipment defect
- Accidents at work
- Industrial illnesses or diseases
- Medical negligence
- Criminal injuries
- Slipping, tripping or falling in a public place
Who would you be claiming against?
That depends on the type of accident you are involved in, but there are a few more common bodies the claim would be against:
- For road traffic accidents of any type, it would be an insurance company unless the other driver is uninsured or untraceable and then your claim would be referred to the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB)
- For accidents at work, and industrial illness or disease, it would be the insurance company that provides your employer with employers liability insurance. Employers Liability is a legal requirement in the UK with just a few exceptions, such as government bodies and then you would claim from the employer directly
- For medical negligence, it would depend on if you were claiming from a GP or hospital trust
- Criminal injuries are dealt with by the Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA), who are a government run body dealing with claims resulting from a crime where the victim is blameless
- Slipping, tripping or falling in a public place are normally the responsibility of a local authority, who should maintain pavements and walkways so that people do not trip up a raised paving slab
Here at Accident Advice Helpline we have had many years experience dealing with all types of personal injury claims, against all sorts of organisations. We can help with an Ely accident claim.
Our four key principles are Integrity, Reliability, Dependability and Accountability, and these are principles that have served us well in building our reputation for customer satisfaction.
You can complete our 30-second test online to find out if you are eligible, or if you prefer, phone our 0800 689 0500 from your landline, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile, and speak to one of our friendly advisors. There is no obligation involved, so you have absolutely nothing at all to lose! Why not get in touch today and get things moving with your Ely accident claim?
Date Published: 22nd July 2013