You could be able to claim compensation if you’ve had an accident which was caused by someone else. If you want to find out about East Lothian claims for compensation, Accident Advice Helpline can tell you if you can make a claim or not.
Compensation claims can be made for injuries which have been caused at work, in the car or even by faulty goods. Some accidents are serious enough to cause broken bones, which can mean a broken leg.
What happens if you break your leg
- The first thing is don’t try to move. Stay where you are until medical assistance arrives.
- You may well be given painkillers on the way to hospital, and your leg will be supported to prevent it from moving.
- You will need to have an x-ray to assess the severity of the break, and you will then be told if you will need surgery to set the bones or not.
- Your leg may be elevated to prevent swelling, and will be put in a cast.
- You may not be able to put any pressure on that leg for a while, but you will be advised what you can do and when. Make sure you follow this advice.
- When the cast is removed, you may be referred for physiotherapy. It’s important to make sure that the muscles surrounding the bone are strong enough to support it before you attempt to put too much pressure on to it.
Can you make a claim?
If you were not responsible for your accident, then yes, you may be able to claim. Contact Accident Advice Helpline within three years though, as that is all the time you have to start a personal injury claim.
You must be able to prove that you were injured. If you received hospital treatment, the you don’t need to do anything else. If you didn’t then visit your own doctor as soon as possible to make sure you are properly assessed and treated.
Make sure you call Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline have all the experience needed for East Lothian claims for compensation. We have more than ten years experience in personal injury claims and we have successfully claimed millions of pounds in compensation so far. We even work on ‘no win, no fee’, so there’s no need to worry if money is tight.
Starting East Lothian claims for compensation
Our friendly advisors can start your claim over the phone, so all you need to do is speak to them. And that’s free as well if you call 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone. With so much experience, we make sure we get the best compensation that we can for all our customers.