Car crashes are the most common of the road traffic accidents that happen on UK roads, but as most of the vehicles on our roads are cars that is no surprise. Other vehicles are also involved in accidents and cause faultless victims to be injured when they are not to blame, and really it does not matter what type of vehicle caused your accident, if you have been injured severely enough to need medical attention, you are entitled to make Dorset car accident claims.
Some of the other vehicles that cause innocent victims to make Dorset car accident claims
There are a large variety of vehicles on our roads, such as:
- HGV’s and lorries – Most of the time you will see these huge vehicles on the motorways, but that is where they are least likely to be involved in an accident. They are more likely to have a collision on city road as the drivers, although they are very skilled, have to manoeuvre such vehicles as articulated lorries round tight bends, or into narrow gateways.
- Motorbikes – There is often an automatic assumption that if a motorbike is involved in an accident, it must have been the fault of the rider. This could not be further from the truth, most motorbike accidents being caused by potholes or other road users.
- Tractors – Although not normally the first thing you would think of for a road traffic accident, they are involved in more than people realise. They are often driving on country lanes with blind bends, or junctions that all view of is obscured by hedges and trees, and if you happen to be riding a cycle in this situation, you could very easily be hit by a tractor, and be lucky to survive.
- Buses and coaches – Just like the lorries, these are more like to be in accidents on city roads, and the problem when one of these is involved in an accident, is the number of innocent victims that can be injured.
Of course, there are a lot more vehicles types than these four on our roads, and none of them are immune from causing you to be injured in an accident that was not your fault.
The likelihood of making Dorset car accident claims is less on a motorway
You are less likely to be involved in a road traffic accident on a motorway than any of the other roads in the UK. The reasons for this are very simple:
- All the traffic is travelling in one direction
- There are no traffic lights to stop at
- There are no traffic islands
- There are no junctions
These things that are missing from the motorways are on all our other roads, and are often the reason for a driver causing a road traffic accident.Open Claim Calculator
The help of the experts
If you have been injured in any type of accident that was not your fault, you should get in contact with Accident Advice Helpline for the best legal representation for a ‘no win, no fee*’ personal injury claim. Call free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.