Some victims are put off making a Dinas Powys ‘accident at work claim, because they are concerned about the effect it may have on their job, but really it should not affect it in any way. There are a few things you should remember about this when you are deciding whether to make a Dinas Powys accident at work claim.
Some points about making a Dinas Powys accident at work claim
There are do’s and don’ts for employers when an employee makes a claim against them, and things that employees need to take into account when they are considering making a Dinas Powys accident at work claim.
- Making a claim against your employer should not affect the business in any way. If you are not employed by a government department or agency, you employer will have employers liability insurance, which settles the claims made against them.
- Personal injury claims can be a way of highlighting a problem the employer was unaware of.
- It is illegal for your employer to dismiss you because you have made a claim against them, and should they behave in this way, you have a case for unfair dismissal at an employment tribunal.
- Your employer cannot make life awkward for you, or any witnesses, because you have made a claim, otherwise the employment tribunal is an option available to you.
The simple fact is, if they had followed the health and safety regulations, most accidents at work would be avoided.
A sample of the guidelines employers should follow
The rules and regulations relating to health and safety are as important as any other employment laws, and in some ways more so, as non-compliance can put workers lives at risk. Just a few of the things they should be doing are:
- Making sure employees have enough room to work
- Making sure staff take proper breaks
- Carrying out regular fire drills
- Having a health and safety policy that all staff are informed about
- Having procedures in case of an emergency
- Making sure all plant and equipment is in proper working order
- Training the staff to use the plant and equipment
- Recording accidents in an accident book
- Reporting serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
Making your work related claim
Making a work related personal injury claim yourself can be time consuming, complex and stressful at a time when you have had enough trauma because of the accident.
Accident Advice Helpline has over 15 years’ experience in making work related claims, and we have helped many thousands of claimants get the access to justice they deserve and the compensation they were entitled to on a no-win, no-fee* basis.
Call us now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no-obligation legal advice about your Dinas Powys accident at work claim.