Making a claim for cycling accidents in Watford
Cycling is an ideal way of keeping fit and commuting to and from work wherever you live. In urban areas, cycling can considerably reduce the amount of time you might be stuck in a vehicular queue going nowhere fast! Whilst in rural areas, the lack and infrequency of public transport may mean that cycling is the only option that can give you the freedom to access the wider public transport network.
Staying safe whilst cycling
- Unlike learning to drive a vehicle, cycling is usually something that we learn as young children. As the adage says ‘it’s like riding a bike‘, but whilst many people master the basics of peddling and balance, they may fail to consider the wider implications of cycle safety.
- Unfortunately, as the most vulnerable means of transport on the open roads, cyclists may be more likely to sustain serious injuries if they are struck by other more robust road users, such as lorries and cars.
- The lack of an impact protection system and crumple zones, not to mention safety belts and air bags can mean that the cyclist is extremely vulnerable if involved in cycling accidents in Watford.
How to keep safe on the open road
- It may be common sense, but wear an approved safety helmet that is designed for cyclists. Many cyclists still do not appreciate the fact that a helmet, whilst not the most attractive head wear, could save their life if they sustain a head injury from a cycling accident.
- Make sure that the bike is roadworthy and in good condition. Check the brakes, tyres and chain regularly and carry out routine maintenance.
- Fit your bike with working lights. This is a legal requirement and is for your benefit as well as other road users. See and be seen!
- Wear appropriate clothing, that in the event of an accident, would provide a decent level of protection to your body. You can’t buy a new layer of skin!
Been injured, what now? Use injury lawyers in Watford to make a personal injury claim
If you have sustained a nasty cycling injury that was caused through an accident that wasn’t your fault within the last 3 years’, then don’t delay! Call the professional experts, Accident Advice Helpline to answer your queries about injury compensation claims using their injury lawyers in Watford. The friendly team will ensure that you are legally entitled to make a claim for your cycling injury. Infact, if you are entitled to claim, then they will process your claim on a 100% no win no fee* basis.
To find out more about claiming for cycling accidents in Watford, contact us now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile.