How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Completing accident forms

    Completing accident forms is sometimes necessary

    Accident forms, frequently contained in an Accident Book, are a legal requirement in all workplaces and commercial premises. If any employee or visitor is injured in any way whilst on the premises, the incident must be properly recorded on these forms and reported to the Health & Safety Executive when required. Completing accident forms is therefore essential sometimes.

    Completing accident forms at work

    Every year people are killed and injured at work. The most common causes of serious injury at work are slips and trips and falls.

    Employers are required by law to ensure the health and safety of their employees. This includes maintaining an accident book containing up-to-date accident forms. Furthermore, if an employee is unable to work for more than 7 days because of a work accident, this must be reported to the Health & Safety Executive under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR).

    Employers must keep a record of all work-related accidents, no matter how minor. If you suffer any sort of accident at work, an entry must be made using the appropriate accident forms detailing the date and description of your accident. These records exist to protect you, the employee. You can access them to help prove how your accident happened if you need to make a compensation claim for your injuries.

    Accident forms at other premises

    Health and safety laws apply to all businesses, no matter how small. Even if you are visiting premises as a member of the public, as a member of a club or a customer, any accident you suffer must still be recorded.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What do I need to know about completing accident forms?

    You should read any entries made regarding your accident very carefully to make sure they are accurate before signing them. If your accident happened at work, make sure you complete the accident questionnaire, which your employer should give you following any accident in the work place. This gives you the opportunity to provide a full description in your own words of what happened, as well as recording all of the injuries you suffered.

    What are my next steps?

    If your accident happened in the last three years and you believe it was somebody else’s fault, we at Accident Advice Helpline can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.

    Accident Advice Helpline is the one of UK’s most experienced personal injury specialist law firms. We’ve been in business since 2000 we have dealt with thousands of claims for accidents at work and at other locations. We will match your case with one of our specialist personal injury solicitors with experience relevant to your individual case. All our lawyers work on a no-win, no-fee basis, so if you don’t win your claim, you pay nothing.

    Try our 30-second test to find out how much you could claim, or complete our straightforward claim form by clicking Claim Now.

    Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile and start your claim now.

    Date Published: 10th February 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.