“I think I need some help making a compensation claim”
If you have had an accident in the last three years and someone else was to blame, you may be entitled to claim compensation. If you’re looking for help to make you claim, you need to think about choosing a company that can help you negotiate the world of personal injury law. There are many ways for you to find help:
- Search for compensation solicitors online
- Find and engage a local solicitor
- Talk to your Citizen’s Advice Bureau
Search for compensation solicitors online
If you go to any internet search engine and look for compensation solicitors online, you will find hundreds of companies offering to help you. This can be overwhelming and, if you’re not careful, dangerous, as you may find a company that is not so reputable.
When you look for a compensation solicitor online, consider these points:
- What help is the company offering me – will they provide support and advice at every stage of my claim? The best companies will offer you free advice and support without any obligation to go ahead with your case.
- How much are they charging and are there upfront fees that I might lose if my case is unsuccessful – the best compensation solicitors online will offer to take your case on a no win no fee* basis with no upfront fee. These companies tend to only take on genuine compensation cases where they know there is a clear liability for compensation, as it is not in their interests to lose a case, making them a good option for you.
- Is the company registered and how long have they been trading? All compensation management companies must be registered with the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority – check their website to make sure that any company you’re considering is registered to trade. You are safest with a company that has years of experience and trading responsibly.
Find and engage a local solicitor
You will find many local solicitors in your area registered in phone books or newspapers. Solicitors, just like many other professions, tend to specialise in one area of their work. So you may find it hard to find a personal injury solicitor in the newspaper that specialises in personal injury cases. Many of the larger companies that advertise online will help you to find a solicitor that is both local to you and an expert in the right field of personal injury law for your case.
Talk to your Citizen’s Advice Bureau
Citizen’s Advice is a valuable resource that is free, local and easy to access. They may be able to suggest a local solicitor or just talk through your situation with you. They may be able to help you make a decision on what you want to do and whether you want to pursue a case. They may also help with advice on how to get the right treatment for the injuries you have suffered in your accident.Open Claim Calculator
Get the right help
Whatever you choose to do, remember these points:
- Compensation for injuries that were caused by someone else is an entitlement
- Advice and support should be free
- No company should pressure you to make a decision
- All advice should be on a no obligation basis
- No win no fee* means no financial risk to you
If a company does not offer you these qualities, walk away and choose another.