How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation solicitors in Southport

    Compensation solicitors in Southport should be able to help you to make a claim for compensation when you have been injured in an accident in the street. Many people think that they cannot claim compensation when they have been in an accident in the street, as there is no one to blame, but actually it is the job of your local authority to ensure that you are safe when you are walking in along the pavements, and to ensure that any problems which could cause accidents are fixed right away. If you do not believe that your local council has done everything that they can to prevent your accident, here is how to go about making a claim.

    Take photographs

    Photographs of where the accident happened and your injuries are likely to be the very best proof that you have of your injuries. Make sure that you take photographs as early as you can and, if possible, put something in your photographs which dates them and proves that your injuries were caused by problems with the ground or local area which haven’t actually cropped up since you were injured.

    Speak to witnesses

    Whether they are friends or family, or people that just happened to be in the street at the time, if you can find someone to speak for you, get their contact details so that Accident Advice Helpline can get in touch with them for a witness statement should the need arise. This can help you to prove that your accident actually happened in the way that you have said that it did.

    Make a complaint

    Even if the council aren’t likely to have seen your complaint before your compensation claim has begun, making a complaint is an excellent way for you to put down what happened and let the council know. Make sure that you keep a copy as evidence as well.

    Finding the best compensation solicitors in Southport

    The best way for you to make a successful claim is to find the best compensation solicitors in Southport that you can, and work with them on your claim. Experienced injury lawyers know personal injury law well, and are thus able to put together the strongest possible case for a successful claim on your behalf.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You will not find better than at Accident Advice Helpline, so give us a call today on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, or text “claim365” to 88010 to find out more about the claims process and get help deciding whether or not you want to make a claim. As well as to get started on your claim with a professional solicitor, we will keep you updated as your claim progresses, and you may not have to go to court.

    Date Published: 25th September 2014

    Author: christine

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.