How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation solicitor in Shirland

    The village of Shirland in Derbyshire is known for the role it played in the mining industry. When a mine was founded here in 1864, it shaped the community by providing employment for over 500 men. During this time, the men were expected to work in what would be considered today to be less than satisfactory conditions. The men spent long hours in cramped conditions and used heavy machinery without adequate protection. While Shirland’s mine closed in 1965, compensation claims associated with the working conditions down the mines continue to manifest today, brought about by the illnesses and injuries associated with this dangerous industry.

    What types of injuries and illnesses are associated with mining?

    Cancerous diseases such as mesothelioma now affect many thousands of ex-miners. Conditions such as industrial deafness, miner’s knee and vibration white finger are also associated with mining.

    Do I have an eligible compensation claim?

    If you have been diagnosed with any of the aforementioned industrial diseases and injuries, it is very likely that you will be eligible to make a successful claim. To support your claim, you will need to provide details of your employment history and medical diagnosis.

    Is it too late for me to make a compensation claim?

    The time period for industrial disease compensation claims is three years from the date on which you knew of your illnesses or injury. Determining the date on which you knew you suffered an industrial disease is complex and it is not necessarily the date on which you started experiencing the symptoms of your disease.

    Looking for a compensation solicitor in Shirland?

    While you can file a compensation claim yourself, it is advisable to use a compensation solicitor in Shirland with experience in this area of the law. You can contact a solicitor by calling Accident Advice Helpline’s Freephone number and discussing your claim with a trained claims advisor. The 100% no win, no fee deals available will be very beneficial to you.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Making a claim for compensation is simple when you have a compensation solicitor in Shirland to support you every step of the way – all you will need to do is sit back and wait for your compensation pay out. Start your claim today by calling our advice line on 0800 689 0500 or using our 30-second test.

    Date Published: 26th August 2013

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.