The problem with compensation myths in Warwickshire, or anywhere else, is that they can deter innocent accident victims from claiming the compensation they are legally entitled to. There are common misconceptions about all areas of UK law, and compensation claims are no exception. What victims should do is ignore the compensation myths in Warwickshire and find out the true facts about claiming from Accident Advice Helpline.
Ignore compensation myths in Warwickshire
It seems to be the same compensation myths in Warwickshire that come up again and again:
- Your injuries have to be serious to make a claim – you have to have needed medical attention to make a claim, but it is not only serious injuries that can be claimed for. Broken bones, whiplash and many other more minor injuries entitle you to make a claim, as long as you can produce medical records to prove them.
- You have to start a claim straight after the accident – although there are some exceptions to this rule, most accidents have a three year time limit on starting a claim. To find out if your accident is within time limits, speak to the advisors at Accident Advice Helpline.
- It takes too long – no one can guarantee how long a claim will take, there are too many factors that can affect it. But be assured, the cases you read about in the media that have taken years, are exceptions and most claims take no where near that long. The other thing you can be certain of, is that if there are any delays, they will not be the fault of Accident Advice Helpline.
- It is too expensive – probably the most common myth of all is that victims cannot afford to make a claim. Many years ago this may well have been the case, but the introduction of no win no fee for personal injury claims changed that. Now you need no money to start your claim, and should it not be won, we will not ask you to pay our legal fees.
- It is not worth the effort for the amount you will be awarded – firstly, we will take all the hard work from you shoulders and make your claim as simple and stress free as we can. Secondly, you can get on estimate of your compensation by completing our 30 second test, either online or by phone with one of our advisors.
Find out the true facts from Accident Advice Helpline
Don’t just dismiss the idea of claiming compensation without first finding out the true facts about claiming from Accident Advice Helpline. Call us today on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.