Claiming compensation for a Horsham road accident
If you want to claim compensation for a Horsham road accident then this short article will take you through some of the basics and give you an idea about whether or not you are entitled to claim.
Who can claim compensation?
Anyone who has been injured, or made unwell, following an accident that wasn’t their fault.
In the case of a car accident you can claim if, for instance, your ordeal was caused by a careless driver, a faulty traffic signal, a poor road surface or an obstruction on the road.
If you are unsure who was to blame for your accident, call our helpline and one of our advisors will try to help you determine who the liability lies with.
- You can claim compensation for any injury you sustained in your accident.
- You have three years in which to file your claim.
To get your compensation, you will need the services of a lawyer. You should use an injury lawyer to handle your claim – this sounds silly, but all lawyers have their area of expertise; using a lawyer who specialises in injury law will increase your chances of making a successful claim. We can help you here, but first there are several things that you can do to help your claim:Open Claim Calculator
- Take pictures of any visible injuries and any damage to your car. If possible, also take pictures of the accident scene.
- If you suspect a law was broken in the lead up to your accident, i.e. your accident was caused by another driver who you suspect was speeding, report the accident to the police.
- If you’ve not received any medical attention visit your GP, even if you feel ok – musculoskeletal injuries, such as whiplash and back pain, can often take a while to manifest. Your doctor’s appointment will be on your medical record, which a court may ask to see.
- Keep note of what your accident is costing you financially and keep hold of any evidence that proves these costs, as you can claim these back. For example, if you had to hire another vehicle while your’s was being repaired keep the receipt. If you lost earnings because you had to take time off work keep the relevant payslip.
Now you are ready to file your claim; if you would like to claim through us, we will assign your case to one of our injury lawyers who will work for you under a no win no fee* contract, so there will be no need for you to worry about finding the money to pay your legal bill.
Your lawyer will do all that he/she can to get you your compensation as quickly as possible.
To start the ball rolling on your claim, or for more information about claiming compensation for a Horsham road accident, call our helpline on 0800 689 0500.