Claiming compensation in Elgin after a road traffic accident
If you have been injured in a road traffic accident and are wondering if you can claim compensation for your injury, then we can help. Although we are a national law firm we have injury lawyers all over the country who can work on your claim under a no win no fee contract. In fact being a national firm is all the more reason to claim through us, as we have the clout and the experience to make sure that your claim is successful!
To get compensation for your injury your accident needs to have taken place within the past three years, and be someone else’s fault.
Not sure who is liable? This is understandable; road traffic accidents are often over before anyone knows what has happened, but someone was at fault and your lawyer will be able to help you find out who – that’s their job! For more information regarding liability or to check that your injury means that you are entitled to compensation, please call our helpline on 0800 689 0500.
Before you claim
To help your claim for compensation in Elgin there are several things that you can do:
- Write an account of your accident. Do this as soon as possible, writing about your ordeal may help you to remember details that may help your claim.
- If you haven’t already done so take pictures of any visible injuries or any damage to your car.
- If you didn’t receive any medical attention after your accident go and see your GP. Even if you feel OK, explain your physical symptoms so they are on your medical record. Also make sure that you tell your doctor about any psychological repercussions, such as sleeplessness or anxiety – or stress caused by the financial ramifications, as any psychological problems you suffered will make up part of your claim.
- If yours was a road accident and you suspect that a law was broken in the lead up to your accident, then make sure that you report this to the police; i.e, if you suspect that the driver who caused your accident was speeding, over the drink-drive limit or driving without due care or attention.
- – Or if your accident was caused by a poor road surface or an inoperative traffic signal, write a letter of complaint to your local council.
Claiming your compensation
If you would like to claim through us, all you need to do is call our helpline and speak to one of our advisers; your advisor will explain the claim process to you in further detail, confirm your eligibility to claim and then, if you want to go ahead, assign your case to one of their legal colleagues who will then do all that they can to get you your money.
To speak to us today about getting compensation in Elgin for your accident, please call 0800 689 0500.
Date Published: 1st August 2014
Author: David Brown