Been injured at work? Need to claim compensation for your injury using a solicitor to assist you?
Many of us spend the majority of our daily lives at work. In fact, in the long Winter months, many of us arrive at work in the dark and then spend the daylight hours at our desks, only emerging once dusk has fallen. With the increasing number of hours that make up our working week, it shouldn’t be surprising to learn that many accidents that cause injuries take place within our working environments.
If you have been the unfortunate victim of a work related accident within the last 3 years, that wasn’t caused through any fault of your own, then you may be legally entitled to recompense, using a compensation claims solicitor in Alveston.
What types of accidents can be claimed for?
Any accident that resulted in an injury which required medical attention and wasn’t caused by your own fault, may be claimed for including:
- Slips on wet, untreated, highly polished or icy floors
- Trips over obstacles, uneven flooring, damaged floor coverings, loose steps
- Falls from height, down stairwells due to lack of hand railing, poor lighting and loose steps
- Electrocution due to faulty electrical appliances
- Burns and scolds due to excessively hot fluids, chemicals or materials
- Lack of safety equipment such as personal protective equipment – overalls, goggles, masks, ear defenders, safety boots and disposable gloves
- Exposure to dangerous or toxic gases or liquids
- Lack of adequate training or supervision
Which injuries can be claimed for?
Injuries that result from these types of accidents may include:
- Lacerations and bleeding
- Soft tissue injuries such as sprains and strains
- Broken, fractured or dislocated bones
- Internal injury
- Head injury
- Brain injury
- Neck injury
- Spinal injury
- Fatal injury
If I am injured at work, what should I do?
After ensuring that medical attention has been summoned and sought, it is important that your injuries are examined and a diagnosis is provided to start an appropriate treatment plan.
Your employer must be notified immediately of the date, location and cause of the accident, their actions and any medical attention that was provided to the victims. This should be documented in their Accident Book which is a legal requirement.
Obtain copies of the entry made in the Accident Book that relates to your injury and also any medical reports that are provided by the doctor who examined and treated you.
How do I make a claim for my personal injury with a compensation claims solicitor in Alveston?
Call the leading law firm in processing personal injury compensation claims, Accident Advice Helpline and speak to their solicitor in Alveston.
Accident Advice Helpline provides a telephone helpline to offer no obligation advice and information about the compensation claims process. It is then up to you to decide if you wish to proceed with making a compensation claim. If you wish to go ahead, then their compensation claims solicitor in Alveston will act on your behalf on a no-win, no-fee* basis.
If you want to discuss your accident in more detail with an adviser then dial 0800 689 0500 now to speak to Accident Advice Helpline.