Making a compensation claim and nervous about your medical assessment? There really is no need to be as it is a simple procedure that has been put in place to help you.
If you are making a compensation claim, Woodstock will have medical practitioners in the area and it is one of these that you will be asked to attend. Even if you have decided to make a claim with a national company, there will be no need for you to travel to see a doctor as you will be asked to attend one local to you.
Many claims can be handled entirely by telephone with no need for any appointments at all, but if there are complications following your accident then a medical assessment is necessary to determine how long you are likely to remain injured.
Compensation claim Woodstock- the medical assessment process.
Once you have received your letter inviting you to attend an appointment, the process is the same whoever you are making your claim with.
- You will be asked if you give your permission for the appointed doctor to see your medical records. This involves the signing of a document so that the assessing practitioner can fully see your medical history and discover any existing complaints you may have.
- Attend your appointment which will normally be at a private clinic near your home. You will be asked a series of questions about your injury and what medical conditions you already have. You will then be given a thorough examination which will last up to twenty minutes. This is not the time to be shy.
- A report is generated that is entirely confidential and will not be released to anyone without your permission.
- Your doctor produces a medical report that is passed on to your solicitor, this will include the length of time he thinks it will take you to recover and the treatment you may need to receive.
- The report is then used as evidence by your solicitor in making your compensation claim.
The report is vital to the final outcome of your claim so it is important that you are totally honest when it is being produced.Open Claim Calculator
The Accident Advice Helpline.
Having an experienced provider is essential when making your compensation claim in Woodstock will have solicitors who can help you but you can choose to use a national company who deal with nothing but compensation claims day in day out. Accident Advice Helpline have been doing just that for over 15 years and have over two hundred legal partners working alongside them. If you want to find out more and get some no obligation advice then call them today on 0800 689 0500 (0333 500 0993 from a mobile).