Compensation Claim in Whitefield


If you are a horse rider, you will probably have your horse insured. If this is the case, then you will be covered by something called public liability insurance. This means that if your horse causes an accident and someone claims against you, your insurance company will make a payment from that liability insurance. If your horse is not insured, then you should consider obtaining public liability insurance from another source.

If you are a rider who has been involved in an accident, the other party may well want to make a compensation claim in Whitefield. The local area will have plenty of solicitors who can help them, but their may not be specialists in personal injury compensation law.

Where can I get public liability insurance?

Public liability insurance is available if you become a member of a riding club associated to the British Horse Society, the British Show Jumping Association or any other affiliated body. You can also become a member of the British Horse Society itself. If you hire a horse from a trekking establishment, make sure that a public liability insurance cover notice is clearly displayed or you could find that someone will be trying to make a claim against you personally should you cause an accident.

Public liability insurance will not cover you or your horse for injury, but it covers the costs you may have to pay if your horse spooked someone and caused a cat crash, for example, or kicked out and caught a passerby. In these days, where so many people are aware of compensation claims, it is foolish not to have public liability insurance if you have to ride on the roads or public paths.

Know your rights

As a horse rider, you have as much right to be on the road as any other road user; in fact, there is a very old bye law that gives horses right of way on any road that they are allowed to be on, particularly country lanes. Not many people are aware of this, but it is one of many bye laws around the country that have never been changed. Quite simply, a horse is a method of transport and should be treated as such by other road users.

If you and your horse are involved in an accident on the road, you have every right to pursue a compensation claim if the accident was not your fault. Do not listen to any argument that “you should not be on the roads.” You have a right to be there, and just as much right to make a compensation claim for your injuries as any other UK citizen.

Getting help and advice

This is so important when starting a compensation claim in Whitefield. The local area will have firms who can help you, or you can call a professional company like Accident Advice Helpline, who will give you no-obligation advice via our freephone number 0800 689 0500 (0333 500 0993 from a mobile). We have over 15 years’ experience in the claims field and work with over 200 solicitors, all of whom work a no win no fee* basis.

If you have had a non-fault accident while out riding, call us today.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )