How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation Claim in West Kensington

    Accidents in Restaurants

    Most people visit restaurants to enjoy fine food, good company and enjoy the surroundings and service. For this reason, they expect to leave with good memories and full stomachs.

    However, accidents can happen anywhere, and with little warning and all too easily those good memories could be soured by a need for medical attention because of an accident.

    UK law allows that any person who has received injuries in an accident which they did not cause has the right to make a compensation claim in West Kensington.

    If you have been injured in a restaurant in an accident which you did not cause then you may consider making a compensation claim in West Kensington. In making a compensation claim, you could ensure that the pain and suffering you have received are recognised and remedied as well as ensuring that you and your family are not left financially vulnerable should you need to pay medical expenses or take time away from work to recuperate.

    When making a compensation claim in West Kensington, people just like you have been trusting Accident Advice Helpline to support them through the process for the last 13 years. We offer a No Win, No Fee service, and with consumer champion and television personality Esther Rantzen acting as our patron, you can be assured of a service of the highest calibre.

    Open Claim Calculator

    The Responsibilities of a Restaurant

    Any person who wishes to open or operate a restaurant is given certain legal obligations which extend to both themselves and all staff they employ. These obligations are commonly known as a duty of care and extend to all owners and managers of public buildings or areas.

    However, the duty of care given to a restaurant, pub or fast food outlet manager is slightly different than those of a non-food outlet. This is because in addition to following the rules of the Health and Safety at Work Act, they are also required to adhere to various food hygiene regulations.

    Under their duty of care they must ensure that they take all and any reasonable steps to safeguard the public. For a restaurant owner this not only means ensuring that their property, fixtures and fittings are maintained and kept to the highest standards but also that they will follow all hygiene regulations to minimise the risk of food poisoning. In addition they must carry out regular risk assessments and staff training to ensure the highest standards.

    Should they fail in this duty of care and a member of the public be injured as a result, then that person has the right to make a compensation claim in West Kensington.

    Injuries for Which You Can Make Compensation Claim in West Kensington

    In restaurants, injuries are sadly commonplace and any of the following, or any other type of injury which you did not cause could lead to a compensation claim:

    • Trips, Slips and Falls on hazards, wet or poorly maintained floors or on dropped food
    • Trapped or crushed limbs due to unsafe or heavy doors
    • Burns and scalds due to spillages
    • Food poisoning.

    Date Published: 9th September 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.