Compensation Claim in West Clandon


Accidents in Rented Homes

It is often said that the home is one of the most dangerous places for us to be: with a staggering 2.7 million people every year taken to hospital as a result of an accident they have had at home. Of these 2.7 million, over 500,000 will be children under the age of 16.

Whilst many of the accidents which happen are simply that: accidents which nobody could have foreseen or done anything to prevent, there are others where a third party may have been directly or indirectly responsible for the accident. In the case of an accident at home, this could be where an item of electrical equipment has broken down and caused an injury or an event such as a fire, a job which was done by an external contractor was not completed properly or safely or, in the case of a tenant in a property that the landlord or management company responsible for the lease has not taken the necessary steps to ensure safety in the property

If you have suffered an accident and received injuries for an accident at home which you did not cause then you have the right under UK law to make a compensation claim in West Clandon.

Tenants and Home Owners

When you own your own home, you are responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the property. This means that should anything go wrong, such as a breakage or fault, you are responsible for ensuring it is fixed quickly.

However, as a tenant in a property which you rent, it is the landlord or management company who has the responsibility for the property maintenance. The landlord or management company also have a duty of care to their tenant and all visitors to the property.

This duty of care means them taking all necessary and reasonable steps to ensure the safety of all visitors and residents in the property. Should they fail in this duty of care and a person become injured as a result of their negligence or lack of action then the injured person has the right to make a compensation claim in West Clandon.

There are many instances where the action or inaction of a landlord could lead to an accident:

  • Failure to carry out regular maintenance of the gas appliances, electrical systems or boiler.
  • Improper tidying after maintenance leading to hazards
  • Failure to employ expert builders and contractors who then do a substandard job
  • Insistence upon managing tasks personally which should be left to professionals
  • Failure to replace or repair faults and breakages which the tenant reports to them.

In any of these situations, the behaviour of the landlord could lead to injury to their tenant, and in this situation, that injured person has the right to make a compensation claim in West Clandon.

Making a Compensation Claim in West Clandon

For the last 15 years, Accident Advice Helpline have been supporting people as they make compensation claim in West Clandon. Our service is efficient and helpful, and our 30 second test could quickly establish if your claim is valid.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )