How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation Claim Vale of Glamorgan

    Compensation Claim Vale of Glamorgan

    Deciding to have a child is undoubtedly one of the biggest decisions you can make in your life.  Equally, deciding that your family is complete, that you do not want to have any more children, or perhaps that you do not want to have any children at all is a big decision.

    When you make the latter decision and know that you are not going to change your mind, it is possible that you will decide to have a medical procedure completed in order to ensure that it is physically impossible for you to either conceive, or produce fertile sperm.  In this instance you will be asking a medical professional to sterilise you.

    If your sterilisation goes wrong and you are in fact left able to have children as a result of medical or clinical negligence, then you might want to pursue a compensation claim.

    What could go wrong?

    Sometimes sterilisation operations do not work.  Some of these causes can be perfectly natural and are non-negligent and your doctor or consultant should have advised you of the possibilities of these natural instances occurring.  Such things would not result in the need for a compensation claim as the medical professional cannot be held responsible.

    However, there are instances when a failed sterilisation has been caused by doctor error.  For example in the case of female sterilisation, clips are often attached to the fallopian tubes to ensure eggs cannot reach the ovaries.  Occasionally these clips fall off, or perhaps they have not been attached correctly in the first place.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Equally, errors can occur in male sterilisation from the sterilisation not being effective to complications arising from negligent practices and/or care.

    If you have been affected by a failed sterilisation then you may be able to make a compensation claim.

    How to make a compensation claim in Vale of Glamorgan

    In order to make a successful compensation claim in relation to a failed sterilisation it is essential to establish that medical negligence has occurred.

    You will need to obtain suitable evidence and the first step towards this is often making a complaint directly to the medical professionals and service that performed the procedure in the first place.  They will conduct their own internal investigation and will be able to conclude whether the failure was a result of natural causes, or perhaps medical error.

    Accident Advice Helpline will then be able to assign one of our specialised solicitors to your case and they will talk you through the process of completing your compensation claim.  We will need access to your medical reports and need you to authorise us to pass these on to an independent medical professional to assess your case and notes.

    We will always treat your information in the strictest of confidence and will be with you every step of the way to help you get the financial compensation you deserve.

    Give us a call today on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 to see how we may be able to assist you with your compensation claim.

    Date Published: 1st September 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.