Compensation Claim in Seaford


Food Poisoning Compensation Claim in Seaford

Food Poisoning

Food poisoning is an extremely common illness and usually lasts a few days. The Food Standards Agency estimates that 5.5 million of us are affected each year. Thankfully most of us are affected mildly. However, food poisoning can be extremely dangerous for the elderly, babies, young children and people whose immunity is compromised. It is estimated that around 79,000 people sought medical attention in 2005, and sadly around 200 people died from food poisoning.

Can I make a personal injury claim for food poisoning?

If you or a member of your family has become ill due to food poisoning, you may be able to make a food poisoning compensation claim in Seaford. Whether you contracted food poisoning on a cruise ship, after eating out, attending an event or by any other means, as long as someone else was to blame and you were ill enough to seek medical attention, you may be able to make a claim for the pain and discomfort suffered.

What Causes Food Poisoning?

Contaminated food is the main cause of food poisoning. If you consume contaminated food, you are highly likely to develop food poisoning. The different forms of contamination include:

  • Bacteria
  • Viruses
  • Moulds
  • Yeasts
  • Parasites
  • Natural contaminants

The most common types of bacterium causing foodborne illness in the UK are Campylobacter, E.Coli, Salmonella and Listeria. The most common cause of infectious intestinal disease is Norovirus, which can be transmitted when a food handler with the virus does not wash their hands properly after using the toilet.

Foods that may cause food poisoning

Some foods are considered a higher risk of causing food poisoning than others. These foods are:

  • Fish, such as shellfish and seafood
  • Meat and meat products, such as beef and mutton
  • Poultry, such as chicken
  • Eggs and raw egg products, such as mayonnaise
  • Milk – unpasteurised
  • Cheeses
  • Some cooked foods, for example, fried rice.

Who is liable for my food poisoning?

All food establishments must practice safe food hygiene and comply with the Food Safety Act 1990.  Your local council is responsible for ensuring that local businesses comply with these regulations.  If you think your food poisoning was caused by eating out at a restaurant, you should inform your local council environmental health service. They will investigate the establishment you think caused your food poisoning. If safety violations are found to have been the cause of your illness, the establishment may be held liable, and you may have a valid compensation claim in Seaford.

At Accident Advice Helpline, we know food poisoning can cause a great deal of suffering and lost time at work and in some cases may be severe.  If you or a member of your family have been afflicted by food poisoning, call Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500. Our helpful and experienced advisers will listen to the details of your compensation claim in Seaford and advise you on whether you have a valid claim.

Would you like to know how much your claim could be worth? Try our 30-second test and find out.


  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )