Compensation Claim in Peeblesshire


If you live in Peeblesshire, or have recently been in the county for a holiday and you have been involved in an accident that was not your fault, you may be thinking of making a compensation claim in Peeblesshire and be wondering how to do this. Most of us realize that we can make a compensation claim in Peeblesshire, or one based anywhere else in the UK if we sustained injuries in an accident for which another person was to blame, or another person’s negligence was to blame. However no everyone understands that we can also make a compensation claim in Peeblesshire or elsewhere because of a work-related illness, an occupational disease or an illness which was caused by another person’s negligence (examples being food poisoning or Legionnaire’s Disease etc.).

You need to file a claim for personal injury compensation within three years either of the date of your accident or of first being diagnosed with a work-related illness.

How do I make a compensation claim in Peeblesshire?

You will need to find a personal injury or accident solicitor who has experience of handling your type of personal injury compensation claim. You would need an accident solicitor with experience of handling slips, trips and falls in public places if you fell in a cinema or another public place, not one who is a specialist in handling compensation claims for accidents in the workplace.

What evidence do I need to make a compensation claim?

To make a personal injury compensation claim you will have to provide your solicitor with the following:

  • Details of your accident, date, time and contact details of witnesses.
  • police report if available or applicable.
  • Medical reports (and you might be required to visit another doctor for a second opinion).
  • Wage or salary slips for proof of loss of earnings.
  • Receipts for prescription charges and taxi fares to and from hospital or your GP’s surgery.

Photographs of the scene of the accident, while not essential pieces of evidence, can be useful to support your claim.

Accident Advice Helpline

If you need expert legal advice regarding any aspect of your possible personal injury compensation claim, wherever you live in Britain, you could contact us, Accident Advice Helpline. We are a law firm, working with a team of expert solicitors in the field of personal injury compensation. We operate all over the country and can advise you and help if needed. We work on a no-win, no fee* basis, which is good for you, as there is no longer any legal aid for personal injury compensation cases, despite the fact that you have a legal entitlement to make claims for injuries and illnesses that were no fault of yours.

You could, first of all visit our Accident Advice Helpline website and then, after you have found out more about us, you could call us free of charge on one of our freephone numbers. For mobiles call 0333 500 0993 and from a landline the number to ring is 0800 689 0500. You can call now, for expert legal advice, whatever the time, as our lines are open 24/7.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )