How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation claim in Gullane

    If you are a golfer, you may have been to Gullane for the Open Championship which was held at Muirfield, close to Gullane, in 2013 and on other occasions. You may live there as it is well within commuting distance to Edinburgh.

    While you were in Gullane you may have had an accident or been ill because of another person’s negligence.

    If so, you may be considering making a compensation claim in Gullane.

    Making a compensation claim in Gullane

    If you have been the innocent victim of a crime, an accident or an illness, such as food poisoning after eating at a restaurant, then you may have grounds to file a compensation claim in Gullane, for example.

    You are entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim if you can prove that your accident or illness was caused by another person’s negligence.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You must file your compensation claim in Gullane or elsewhere, within three years of your accident or within three years of first being diagnosed with a work-related illness, for example.

    Making an injury claim

    Even though you have three years, in most cases, in which to file an injury claim in Gullane or elsewhere in the UK, it is best to begin your claim as soon as you are able. This is not only because it takes time for a personal injury compensation claim to be settled, but also because the details of the accident will still be fresh in your mind.

    If a claim is disputed it could take years for a settlement to be reached because it would have to go through the court system. However if the claim is accepted by the person responsible for your accident or illness, you may receive compensation within three to six months.

    Steps for filing a personal injury claim

    First of all you should find an expert who specializes in your type of accident and injury. You should have an initial appointment, free of charge so that you can discuss your possible claim.

    By the end of the appointment, the solicitor should be able to tell you if you have grounds to file a claim or not.

    If you decide to go ahead with the claim, your solicitor will write a letter to the person you believe to be responsible for your accident or illness.

    Accident Advice Helpline is here for you

    We at Accident Advice Helpline can give you expert legal advice regarding any personal injury compensation claim.

    Call free on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Why not call us now?

    No matter the time, our lines are open.

    Date Published: 22nd September 2013

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.