From road traffic accidents to slips and trips, there are many different claims in Eastbourne that are made on a daily basis. If you are thinking about making a claim, read on to discover some of the answers to the most frequently asked questions.
FAQs about claims in Eastbourne
- Do I need to use a solicitor to make a claim? There is no legal requirement. However, if you want to have any chance of getting the compensation you deserve, then you should use a solicitor. Otherwise, you will be setting yourself up for failure.
- How long do I have to make a claim? You have three years from the date of the incident and court proceedings must be issued within this time frame. The only exceptions relate to incidents whereby your injuries have developed over time, such as industrial diseases, in which case you will have three years from the date of your diagnosis.
- Will I have to go to court? While it is not possible to give a definitive answer, it is extremely unlikely. In fact, fewer than three per cent of personal injury cases result in a trial.
- What can I claim for? Aside from receiving compensation for your injuries and your suffering, you can claim for any out of pocket expenses incurred, including the likes of vehicle repair costs, loss of income, prescription expenses, counselling costs, travel costs, treatment expenses and childcare costs.
- I don’t have enough money to make a claim. Is there anything I can do? If you use the services of a no-win no-fee* solicitor, you won’t need to make an enormous upfront payment to start the claim process. There is also a degree of financial protection, as you will only pay legal fees if your case is a success.
- How much compensation will I receive? It is impossible to give an answer to this question without knowing the ins and outs of your case. Give our helpline a call to speak to one of our friendly and experienced advisors.
Accident Advice Helpline
If you have any more questions, or you would like to make a claim, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. We are one of the UK’s leading law firms and have an impeccable reputation in the industry. Our friendly and helpful advisors are waiting for your call on our freephone helpline 0800 689 90500. If you are using a mobile you can either call 0333 500 0993 or text ‘claim365’ to 88010 and we will call you. Chatting to them is free of any obligation to proceed with a claim, so make that call today.