How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation after your Hillingdon work accident

    Claiming compensation after your Hillingdon work accident

    If you have been injured, or made unwell, because of an accident at work caused by your employer’s negligence then you can claim personal injury compensation.

    Taking your employer to account for the injury or illness that you suffered is no small matter; but please bear in mind that you cannot be dismissed for claiming compensation, and that your employer doesn’t pay your compensation, their insurer does.

    Nonetheless, out of all accident related lawsuits, claiming against an employer has to be the type of claim that causes the most inner turmoil, but you’re not alone:

    • Statistics from the Health Service Executive show that there were 78,222 reported non-fatal work related injuries in 2012/13.
    • 1.8 million people took time off work with an injury or illness that they believed was caused or exacerbated by their job. (The majority of these absences were caused by musculoskeletal injuries, stress, depression and anxiety.)
    • And in 2011/12 27 million workdays were lost because of a workplace injury or work related illness.
    • In 2010/11 workplace injuries and illnesses cost Britain £13.8 million.

    Looking at the last point gives a further reason why you should claim compensation for your injury or illness; work related injuries and illnesses are caused, primarily, by:

    • An employer failing to provide suitable protective clothing and equipment.
    • Insufficient training (i.e. in manual handling).
    • An employer or company not adhering to health and safety procedures.
    • Or faulty, unserviced machinery.

    Claiming compensation for an injury or illness that has been caused by any of the above will make sure that the problem is dealt with, thereby preventing further accidents.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Your claim

    So we’ve looked at why you should claim compensation after your Hillingdon work accident; now, if you want to go ahead and claim, you will need to double check that you are eligible:

    • You can claim compensation for any work related injury or illness – including RSI, (repetitive strain injury) and work related stress.
    • You have three years from the date of your accident – or more accurately, the date on which you realised you were injured – to file your compensation claim.

    If you haven’t already done so, please report your accident, or illness, to your employer –  data from accident records, which your employer submits to the Health Safety Executive, allows health and safety procedures to be re-evaluated and tightened up where necessary.

    If you would like to find out more about claiming compensation after your Hillingdon work accident then please call our helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 if using a mobile. Both lines are open 24/7 and all calls are kept confidential.

    If you do decide to claim compensation through Accident Advice Helpline then your case will be fought under a no win no fee contract. We have one of the highest success rates in the industry and will do all that we can to get you the maximum amount of compensation.

    Date Published: 3rd August 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.