How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming after a car crash in Mendip

    If you have been involved in an accident, whether it be a road traffic accident or something within the work place, you might be able to make a claim for compensation.

    What you need to know about claiming after a car crash in Mendip

    It is one thing to say that you can make a claim if you have been involved in a car accident, but that is a simplified way of looking at things. There are actually a number of criteria that need to be met in order for you to proceed with a claim.

    Firstly, it is vital that the accident you have been involved in was not your fault. In order to make a claim you have to have someone to claim against, and you can’t very well sue yourself for compensation if you caused your accident.

    Secondly, you not only need to have been injured in the accident in question but you need to have sought medical attention for those injuries. By seeing a doctor, or attending hospital, your injuries will be noted in your medical records and this will provide suitable evidence that the injuries did indeed occur. They will also show the nature of the injuries and the impact these have had on you.

    Finally, it is usually important that the accident occurred within the last three years. This is because there are strict time limits involved with making a claim and for the most part these must be adhered to. Although it is worth noting that in some situations you can extend this time limit, for example if you were a minor at the time of the accident of you have been diagnosed with an industrial disease.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you want to make a claim it is always worth speaking to a professional to make sure that you have the necessary advice and support to move forward. In turn this can help make sure that you get the maximum amount of compensation that you could be entitled to.

    Speak to Accident Advice Helpline today

    The best thing you can do is phone Accident Advice Helpline on either 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. We can provide you with the advice you need for free and without obligation. You can then decide if you want to continue with making a claim or not.

    Alternatively, take our 30 second test which you can find on our website which will allow you to check for yourself if you are able to make a claim with us.

    Date Published: 27th July 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.