What is injury compensation?
If you are the victim of an accident or injury and somebody else was at fault, the law states that you are entitled to compensation. That is to say, an amount of money to make amends for the pain and suffering you have endured, as well as any financial loss you have suffered as a direct result of your injury.
Can I claim injury compensation?
If you’ve been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence or carelessness, then you may well have a valid claim for personal injury compensation. This can include accidents at work, road traffic accidents, trips, slips or falls anywhere, medical negligence and many other types of injury.
What kind of injuries can I claim compensation for?
Injury compensation can be paid for a wide range of injuries ranging from minor to severe, which might be physical or emotional, or in some cases both. As each case is different, the best thing to do is talk through your case with one of our highly trained advisors who can help confirm whether you have a valid compensation claim. Our helpline is open 24 hours, the call is free and there’s no obligation to proceed.
How long do I have to make a claim?
You must normally initiate your claim within three years of your accident or injury. However, there are some exceptions to this, such as for children under 18 and claimants suffering from mental disability.
In cases where it is accepted that symptoms can take a long time to develop, as with industrial diseases such as asbestosis, the time limit runs from when the symptoms first appeared and were linked to the party in question.
If you are uncertain about whether your claim falls within the three year time limit, call the 24-hour Accident Advice Helpline today and our highly trained advisors can help clear things up for you.
Why choose Accident Advice Helpline?
Here are just some of the reasons why we believe we’re the best:
- Accident Advice Helpline is one of the most established and experienced advice and compensation providers in the UK.
- We have more than 15 years’ experience in helping people who have suffered personal injury get the compensation they are entitled to.
- We are recommended by renowned consumer champion Esther Rantzen, so you know that you are dealing with a company that will handle your case with complete integrity.
- We work with one of the UK’s largest networks of specialist personal injury solicitors – hundreds nationwide – and will select the legal partner who is best placed to make a successful claim on your behalf.
- All of the solicitors we work with work on a 100% no win no fee basis, so if you lose your claim, you pay nothing.
- There is no cost involved to start your claim.
- We are proud to be members of the Claims Standards Council.
If you’re ready to start your 100% no win no fee injury compensation claim then call our 24-hour helpline NOW on 0800 180 4123 to talk to our friendly, professional advisors.
Date Published: 22nd January 2013
Author: David Brown