How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Can I claim compensation in Amber Valley?

    Do you live in Amber Valley or have you recently visited the area and been unfortunate enough to have experienced a personal injury of some kind? If so then you may be wondering can I claim compensation in Amber Valley?

    Making a claim for compensation, or even finding out basic information about making a claim, such as eligibility, can be extremely overwhelming. However, simply read on for some helpful information about making a personal injury claim for compensation in Amber Valley.

    Can I claim compensation in Amber Valley? Types of injuries you can claim for

    There is an endless list of accidents and illness that you can make a claim for. However, the most common personal accidents fall within one of three categories:

    • Road traffic personal injury claim

    Some of the most common types of accidents that claims are made for happen on the roads. It doesn’t matter if you are a driver, passenger, cyclist or pedestrian; if you are injured in an accident on the roads which was caused by someone else then you can make a claim for compensation. The claim could be made for injuries including broken bones, cuts and bruises, the loss of a limb or digit, whiplash and many others.

    • Workplace personal injury claims

    Whether you work in a busy office or an industrial factory your employer has a duty of care to ensure your safety whilst at work. For instance, they must adhere to sufficient health and safety regulations, make sure all staff receive appropriate health and safety training and that all equipment is in a safe working order. Their failure to meet any of these demands could result in you being involved in an accident or contracting an illness and as such you would be entitled to file a claim for compensation against them.

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Home-based personal injury claims

    Although we tend to think of the home as a safe environment in which we can relax an increasing number of personal injuries occur in this setting. Whilst you might think that any accident that occurs under your own roof is your responsibility this is not necessarily the case. For instance a home-based accident could result because of a faulty product or negligence on the part of a landlord. In these cases you could make a claim for personal injury compensation.

    These are just the most common claim types of accidents we see here at Accident Advice Helpline. You may experience another type of accident such as an accident whilst on holiday or suffer a sporting injury. You could even suffer food poisoning whilst out at a local restaurant and make a claim for any inconveniences the illness has caused.

    In fact the only criteria your accident must meet is that it took place within the past three years, was not your own fault and led to you receiving medical treatment. If you satisfy these conditions then contact Accident Advice Helpline now, on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993, and get an exact answer to your question: can I claim compensation in Amber Valley?

    Date Published: 22nd November 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.