Calculating your personal injury claim amount is easy
Are you considering filing a personal injury claim? The UK law states that anyone who has been involved in an accident that was someone else’s fault and that resulted in a personal injury, is entitled to financial compensation.
What is the injury claim amount I will receive?
This depends of course on the type of accident you have had and on the impact it has on a physical and psychological level. It is impossible to know exactly what amount you will receive as compensation. There are three things that you can do:
- Check our testimonials page, look for cases similar to yours and approximate.
- Try our 30-second-calculator. Find it on our home page, fill in your case’s information and get a rough estimate of your injury claim amount.
- Call Accident Advice Helpline. We have experienced advisors who are available 24/7. They could help you assess your case and will give you a better estimate of the compensation your case can receive.
Keep in mind that nobody can tell for sure what the compensation will be. But we can help with calculating your personal injury claim amount as an estimate. You will only know with certainty at the end of the lawsuit.
What are the covered costs?
The injury claim amount you receive should help speed your recovery and smooth the process of getting back to your normal life. With some accidents, the impact is only on a physical level. Once your body is healed, you are up and running. The expenses covered are, in these cases, limited to medical bills, transportation costs to and from doctor’s appointments, child care etc. Make sure you keep all bills, receipts and any other proof.
Other more complicated accidents result in temporary or even permanent physical damage and also have a strong psychological impact. If the victim has suffered such a complex injury, the total impact will be assessed and the compensation awarded will cover:
- Past and future medical expenses. If the claimant will have a permanent need of medical care for the rest of their life, the compensation will be calculated by multiplying the amount needed per year with the person’s life expectancy.
- If the physical and psychological healing takes time and you are unable to work, the compensation covers for any lost wages.
How can Accident Advice Helpline help me?
If you call 0800 689 0500, you can talk to one of Accident Advice Helplines advisors without being obliged to proceed with making a claim. They will first help you figure out if you qualify as a claimant and give you an estimate of the personal injury claim amount you could receive. AAH has many years of experience in helping people with a wide range of personal injury claims. In most cases, the claimant doesn’t even have to go to court, as claims are resolved over the telephone.
Date Published: 30th May 2013
Author: David Brown