An accident at work can happen at any time, and you are particularly at risk if you work in a warehouse. Warehouses can be very dangerous place to work in and if you have been injured in an accident within the last 3 years that was not your own fault, you could be entitled to make a Blaby accident at work claim for compensation.
The work related accidents that can result in a Blaby accident at work claim for compensation
There are many hazards in a warehouse, all of which employees should be protected from. This is not always totally possible, but at the very least you should be warned about any possible risks. The ways that accidents sometimes happen in warehouse are:
- Spillages on the floor can cause victims to slip over, and depending how they land and what they land on, they could sustain very nasty injuries.
- Goods not stacked properly, or tools falling from height could fall onto people and cause untold damage to the victim below.
- Heavy lifting should only be done by employees who have been properly trained, as it is too easy to sustain an injury in this way if you do not know what you are doing.
- Fork lift trucks are an important piece of machinery in a warehouse, but in the wrong hands they can present a real danger to innocent victims. Only trained operators should be allowed to use them
- Exposure to chemicals and other dangerous substances might not cause too much of a problem in the short term. But exposure to these things for any prolonged periods can cause dreadful health problems, and there is plenty of protective clothing that can prevent this.
- The Work at Height Regulations main priority is that employers ask the employees to be above floor level as little as possible. If there is no way round it, there should be safety measures in place to prevent falls, as these can result in serious injuries and even fatalities.
- Obstructions in walkways are a real hazard and can be the cause of serious injuries. Someone moving around carrying something might not be able to see that something has been left in the way, and could easily trip over it.
Getting the help of the experts for your Blaby accident at work claim
If you are injured in an accident at work, or in an accident anywhere else, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline to see if you can make a personal injury claim.
Calling our friendly and helpful advisors on freephone number 0800 180 4123, will get you all the information you need to deiced if you want to make a compensation claim. Our 30 –second test will also let you know if you qualify, and give you an estimate of how much your compensation could be.
As we work on a no win no fee basis, the option of making a claim is available to all innocent victims – no money is needed to start the claim or if the claim is lost.
Date Published: 2nd September 2014