Donaghadee is a small town in County Down, Northern Ireland. Donaghadee as a town remained mainly unaffected by The Troubles although many of its residents lost loved ones as a result of it. If you need advice from the best solicitors in Donaghadee, just call Accident Advice Helpline, the leading law firm for personal injury compensation claims.
In Northern Ireland, as in everywhere else in the UK, if you feel unwell the first person you turn to is your doctor. If you have toothache you visit the dentist and if you need your eye testing you visit the optician. Pharmacists dispense our medicines, hospitals carry out our operations and there are many other medical professionals who provide us with health care of one sort or another.
We are very lucky in the UK because our healthcare providers are trained to a higher standard than in many other countries, but they are human and sometimes they make mistakes. The consequences of a medical error can be dire and if this has happened to you, you may be entitled to make a medical negligence claim with the help of the best solicitors in Donaghadee.
The best solicitors in Donaghadee talk about what they could get wrong
The list of mistakes that could be made is endless, but a few suggestions are:
- Your GP could give you the wrong treatment which could make you worse, or the correct treatment could be delayed meaning you will suffer for longer than you needed to and in some cases would mean the condition that was treatable, no longer is.
- The pharmacists have lots of rules and regulations to follow to ensure they give you the correct tablets or medicine and generally they are followed strictly. However, sometimes mistakes do happen and the wrong medication, or the wrong dose of the correct medication, is given and the patient can become very ill.
- In spite of what the media say, our hospitals really are pretty wonderful. They deal with many thousands of patients every day without any problems, just good healthcare. But sometimes things can go wrong and for example the wrong limb be amputated, or a patient may be dropped as they are lifted out of bed.
- None of us particularly like visiting the dentist, so if something goes awry with the treatment they give you, apart from the extra pain and suffering it might cause, the stress you could well experience might put you off ever having your teeth looked at again.
- You are not at much risk if you visit the optician to have your eyes tested, but you are at more of a risk if your visit is because you are having laser eye treatment. Many of the problems caused through laser eye surgery going wrong can be corrected by having this quite simple procedure carried out again. But why should you have to go through it twice and put yourself at risk of damaging your sight on two occasions rather than one.
These are just a tiny few of the reasons why you might want to use the services of the best solicitors in Donaghadee to make a medical negligence claim.
Accident Advice Helpline
Contact Accident Advice Helpline for the experience and expertise you need on your side. Either complete the 30-second test on our website, or call our advisers on 0800 689 0500 from a land line or dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Call today!
Date Published: 14th December 2013
Author: David Brown