How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Best legal advice in Knowsley

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Knowsley

    You may live in the metropolitan borough of Knowsley or in Knowsley Village, and you could be looking for a firm of lawyers who can offer the best legal advice in Knowsley to help you make a personal injury compensation claim.

    Although there will be many solicitors in the area, you may not be able to find one with the appropriate experience and expertise you need to ensure you have the best legal advice in Knowsley. If that is the case, contact us at Accident Advice Helpline on one of our freephone numbers below.

    Reasons for seeking ithe best legal advie in Knowsley

    There are two main reasons why you would want to find a firm of injury solicitors:

    • You have had an accident which you can prove was not your fault. You may be eligible to file a personal injury compensation claim if the accident happened in the last two or three years; or
    • You have been diagnosed with an illness for which you can prove another person’s negligence was responsible. You have three years in which to file a personal injury compensation claim for this kind of illness.

    How long do I have to file my claim?

    Usually you have three years to file a claim, although if your accident happened at sea, in the air or at an airport you will only have two years to make your claim. If you have sustained injuries in an act of violence which was unprovoked in England, Scotland or Wales, you have two years from the date of the attack in which to file your claim.

    Claiming for injuries from a violent crime

    If you are the innocent victim of a violent crime, whether it was a mugging or because you disturbed a burglar in the act of burgling your home, you may be entitled to make a claim for your injuries through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).

    Open Claim Calculator

    The crime in which you sustained your injuries should have been reported to the police. They will have written a report and given you a unique crime reference number, which you will need to make available to CICA in support of your claim. It is immaterial whether or not a case has been taken to court, or if the criminal was found.

    However, you should consider hiring the services of an expert criminal injuries solicitor to help you do this (although in theory you can file a claim yourself), as the process can be long and complex.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you need help and the best legal advice in Knowsley to proceed with your potential personal injury compensation claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline on one of our freephone numbers. Call at any time on either 0800 689 0500 for landline calls, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Why not call now for expert advice about your possible claim?

    Date Published: 4th January 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Location Posts

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.