How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Bargoed accident at work compensation

    How to work if you are not physically able, and make a Bargoed accident at work compensation claim

    Being involved in a serious accident will affect your life in many ways. If your injuries are serious enough, you may find that you are unable to do many of the things that you could before your accident, and this makes it difficult to do day to day chores and activities, as well as to work. Being unable to work for a long time will have a serious impact on your life, both financially and emotionally. For those who have been laid up for a long time after an injury, finding a way to get back to work even if not in the same capacity that they could before, is extremely important.

    • Work for yourself. If you are working for yourself then you get to decide what jobs you do, what hours you do and when to stop. This can take a lot of pressure off when you are feeling a little stressed or tired, and will help you to recover more quickly and easily.
    • Ask to work from home. Ask your employer if there is a chance of you working from home until you are more recovered. Even if they don’t like it, it will help to save them money and the energy of training someone new during your absence, and will make you feel more useful.
    • Find a different job. Perhaps you are not able to do the job that you usually do, because it is too physical for you at the moment, but you could work in another position. In this case, especially if your injury is long term, it may be best for you to quit your job and find something which works better for you at the moment.
    • Don’t! If you are really not physically able to work then accept your limitations and take time off to recover. Even if this takes a long time, your health is always more important than anything else.

    Accident Advice Helpline can assist with a compensation claim against your employer

    You can make a Bargoed accident at work compensation claim against your employer if you feel that they were at fault for your accident. The first thing to do is to prove that your employer was at fault, and you can get help doing this by calling Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile and speaking to the friendly, helpful team about what happened.

    The team will help you to decide whether or not you want to make a Bargoed accident at work compensation claim. If you do, one of our experienced injury lawyers will make your claim on your behalf. Our team will also be able to provide you with advice and support throughout your claim, to help you to move forward.

    Date Published: 5th September 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.