Compensation claims for asbestos exposure
Use of asbestos was finally banned in the UK in 1999, yet its prevalence in 1950s to 1970s buildings means we continue to remain at risk from exposure. Exposure to asbestos in the workplace can cause serious debilitating conditions including mesothelioma, asbestosis, and other illnesses, such as lung cancer. People whose asbestos exposure causes them to develop asbestos-related diseases are entitled to make a compensation claim.
How do I check if I am entitled to make an asbestos-related claim?
Asbestos-related claims are very different from other personal injury claims, as asbestos-related illness can take many decades to develop. To see if you qualify to make a compensation claim, potential claimants can speak to one of our knowledgeable and professional claims advisors on our 24/7 free phone advice line. You can speak to our advisors in confidence and you have no obligation to proceed with making your claim.
What information do I need to make an asbestos-related claim?
By increasing the amount of evidence you have, the likelihood of your claim being successful also increases. To make a claim, we need the following information:
- The exact location where you worked and when you worked there;
- The name and details of your employer (ideally, a copy of your employment contract);
- If you or a colleague reported exposure to asbestos, when this report was made;
- Supplying the details of any colleagues or other persons who were either aware of the asbestos exposure or have suffered from a resulting asbestos-related illness; and
- Details of the illness itself, including when you began experiencing the symptoms and the medical treatment you have received.
Why should I make an asbestos-related claim?
If your claim is successful, you will be refunded for any costs you have incurred as a result of your illness as part of a wider injury compensation amount. Making a compensation claim is easier than many expect. Most claims can be processed over the telephone and most claimants are not required to attend court during the process.
Why choose Accident Advice Helpline?
Accident Advice Helpline were established in 2000 and have over 15 years’ experience helping faultless asbestos-related illness sufferers to achieve the personal injury compensation they are entitled to. All of our solicitors operate on a 100% no win no fee basis. Call us today on 0800 689 0500 for more information on making your claim.