Being involved in a car accident, whether you are a driver, a passenger, a pedestrian, a motorcyclist or a cyclist, is scary. It can cause some really serious injuries, and can be difficult to recover from, both physically and psychologically. If you have been in a collision, and it was not your fault, you are more than likely eligible to file for a personal injury claim.
What to do after a car accident
- Turn off your engine and switch on the hazard lights if at all possible
- If it is is a serious collision, you believe the other driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or there is a danger to other road users, inform the police immediately
- If anyone has been injured, seek medical attention. This is particularly important if you are making a claim as we will need to see evidence that you have done this.
- Exchange contact and insurance details with the other parties involved.
- If there are any witnesses, gather their details. This can be valuable evidence
- If you can, take photographs of the scene – again this can be useful in appropriating blame.
- Do not say anything that may be misconstrued as admitting fault.
Choose an expert for advice after a car accident in Bury
Claiming for compensation can be tricky, and you need a legal expert on your side. Accident Advice Helpline have been fighting tirelessly for more than fifteen years for the rights of victims. We are one of the largest law firms in the United Kingdom, and specialise in advice after a car accident in Bury.
We deal with thousands of enquiries each month, and each case is treated with the utmost compassion and expertise. Every year, our dedicated lawyers secure millions of pounds in compensation for the innocent victims of accidents, all taken on under a no win, no fee agreement. No one needs to make any upfront payments to get a claim running, and if your case is not successful for any reason, we will not ask you to pay any legal fees.
If you do win, we will take a pre agreed percentage straight from your compensation, making the process simple and clear from the outset. We only take on cases that we believe have a good chance of being successful, to protect both parties. Our unblemished reputation is underlined by the support of our long standing patron, Dame Esther Rantzen, who has represented our company for more than ten years.
Getting in touch is simple
Call us for free from a UK landline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. You can also check to see how much you might receive by taking the 30 second test on our website. It’s easy, and we can get your claim started straight away.
Date Published: 11th August 2015
Author: David Brown