If you have an accident at work in Pontllanfraith, you need to consider if it was caused because your employer does not comply with health and safety regulations. A full list of them is available on the user friendly HSE website, but just as a guide, here are a few of them.
Rules and regulations your employer should follow to avoid an accident at work in Pontllanfraith
- They have to make sure you have enough room to work in comfortably. Excessive twisting and turning can cause back problems and repetitive strain injuries.
- All equipment and machinery should be in proper working order, with any safety devices it needs fitted.
- Only people trained in the use of the equipment and machinery should be allowed to use it.
- If any protective clothing is needed, the employer should supply it to the staff, free of any charge.
- There should be a health and safety policy in place, which all staff know and implement.
- There should be procedures in place so that everyone knows what to do in an emergency situation.
- Risk assessments should be carried out to identify any dangers, and once found they should be eradicated.
- If any risks are left, all staff should be made aware of them and there should be warnings signs that are easily understood.
- An accident book should be kept to record all accidents, no matter how minor they may seem.
- Any serious accidents should be reported to HSE so they can investigate.
- There should be employers liability insurance in place, with a minimum cover of 5 million pounds, although for many insurance companies the minimum they provide is 10 million pounds.
- Proper breaks should be taken throughout the day, as a tired employee is far more likely to have an accident.
As a sample of the health and safety rules, these show how much safer the workplace can be if they are complied with, and how an accident at work in Pontllanfraith could be avoided.
We have rules and regulations to follow as well
If your employer does not comply, and you are injured in an accident at work in Pontllanfraith, they may be liable to pay you compensation, providing you fit the rules and regulations pertaining to personal injury claims. The accident must not have been your own fault, you must have needed medical treatment for your injuries and the accident should have happened some time in the last three years.
These are the rules laid down by UK law for all personal injury claims, not just accidents at work.
In this situation you are entitled to compensation, and we can help you to claim your legal right. It is what we specialise in and all we have done since 2000. The experience we have gained has allowed us to hone the processes to keep your claim simple, fast and efficient, keeping as much stress as we can away from you.
Contacting us could not be simpler either. Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline or dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 20th May 2014