Did you search for an accident at work compensation calculator?
It’s a fair bet you’ve had an accident at work and think you might be able to make a compensation claim against your employer. So, what do you need to know? Accidents at work are subject to certain procedures under Health and Safety Regulations:
- You should have immediately reported your accident to the nominated safety officer in your company, or to a senior member of staff.
- Companies with more than ten employees, or where the accident has resulted in death or serious injury, the incident must be reported to the Health and Safety Executive, the regulatory body in the UK for health and safety legislation.
- Dangerous industries, such as those working with explosives, hazardous materials or equipment, such as electricity generating, or nuclear plants, have additional procedures to follow.
Your search for an accident at work compensation calculator
Let’s talk about your accident for now. It could be that you work in a relatively safe environment. Maybe your accident was caused by something embarrassingly trivial, such as the loose cable running from the new kit to the socket on the other side of the office.
You didn’t see it (after all, it wasn’t there yesterday), you went flying, put your arms out to break your fall and broke a wrist. That’s serious for you, because you spend all day on your desktop and you can’t afford to be off work, but now you are. Who are the best people to talk to about an accident at work compensation calculator?
Talk to us at Accident Advice Helpline
Trim the search phrase accident at work compensation calculator to compensation calculator. Our compensation calculator will tell you what your claim might be worth. First though, you’ll need to run through a 30-second test to check your claim qualifies. These are the conditions:
- The accident was not your fault, but was someone else’s.
- You needed medical treatment for your injuries.
- You are claiming within three years of the incident.
To check the viability of your potential claim, give us a ring on 0800 689 0500 (landline), or from a mobile phone on 0333 500 0993, and we’ll talk you through the claims process. Most claims these days are started online, so you needn’t worry about finding a solicitor near to where you live.Open Claim Calculator
Should your case require expert advice, we can find you a solicitor from our team of legal specialists. Your call is free and we don’t charge for the enquiry, so feel free to ask us all of your questions.