Accident at work claim in West Dunbartonshire


What if you change your mind before starting a new job?

There are a number of reasons you might decide that a new job isn’t for you before you start. If you have been signed off sick because of an injury or illness, you may decide that you aren’t quite ready to start work. Alternatively, you may decide that something about the job or the employer isn’t a good fit for you. Whatever your reasons, you now need to get out of the job without any punishment or breaching a contract.

  • Speak to your new employer. The first thing to do in this situation is to speak to your new employer and let them know what you are thinking. You should do this sooner rather than later. This is because they will most likely need to get someone else in to do the job as soon as possible.
  • Have good reasons. You can’t simply decide that you don’t want to start a new job, especially if you have already signed the contract. You will need good reasons, and evidence to back up this explanation to prove that you are not capable of starting in this job.
  • Offer a deal. If it is very close to your start date, suggest to your new employer than you work part time or from home for a short while, as they look for someone else. They may not want to do this, but it shows willing on your part. In addition, it will help them to resolve the situation more easily than simply being told that you aren’t happy to start the job.
  • Check your contract. If you have signed a contract then you may be on a probation period, which allows you to leave at any time. It also allows your employer to let you go at any time. Check this over. If you have to give a notice period, you should work this, allowing you to stay on the right side of the law!

How to make an accident at work claim in West Dunbartonshire against your old employer

If the reason that you can’t work is because of an injury caused at an old job, you should make an accident at work claim in West Dunbartonshire. This can help you to stay afloat during this time. Making an accident at work claim in West Dunbartonshire can also provide you with a sense of vindication and emotional closure. This will help you to move past the event and heal more fully.

The best way to make a successful accident at work claim in West Dunbartonshire is through an experienced injury lawyer. They will know the law better than you and be able to work with you to help you to get the compensation you deserve. Accident Advice Helpline can put you in contact with an experienced lawyer, and is available on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )