Claiming compensation as an accident victim in Spelthorne
If you were injured as a result of your accident victim in Spelthorne then you may be able to claim compensation. This short article will provide you with some useful information about personal injury law and the claim process.
Qualifying for compensation
To qualify for a compensation payment your accident needs to have taken place in the past three years and to have been the result of someone else’s negligence. For example: a car accident caused by careless driving, a work accident caused by faulty machinery or a slip trip or fall in a public place due to uneven paving.
You can claim personal injury compensation for any injury, or illness, that your accident in Spelthorne caused you, including psychological conditions such as stress, anxiety or depression.
- To check that you are entitled to compensation please call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone and talk to one of our advisers.
What you can claim for
As well as compensation for the injury/ illness you suffered, your lawyer will also make sure that you are reimbursed for any monetary costs that your accident in Spelthorne caused. You can claim back money spent on:
- Child care fees
- Travel expenses
- Replacing clothing or personal items damaged in your accident
- A holiday or event already paid for that you were unable to attend because of your injury
- Private medical treatment or care
- Hiring a vehicle (if yours was off the road as a result of your accident)
And you can be reimbursed for any earnings you missed out on while recovering from your accident. Please make sure that you keep hold of evidence of any expenses arising from your accident in Spelthorne; i.e receipts, bank statements, credit card statements and payslips. If you are unsure about whether an item belongs on your claim form or not, please keep it in mind, your solicitor will clarify everything with you when you come to claim.
- For an estimate of how much you may be owed, use the compensation calculator tool on our website www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk.
Claiming your compensation
If you would like to go ahead and claim we can provide you with an injury lawyer who will work for you under a ‘no win, no fee*’ contract. Our experienced injury lawyers will do all that they can to make sure that your claim is successful; with over ten years in the field they have all the legal expertise necessary to do so.
- ‘No win, no fee*’ means that you do not have to pay any legal fees upfront. It will cost you nothing to get your claim started and if your claim is unsuccessful then you won’t have to pay out a penny.
Contact us to discuss claiming compensation as an accident victim in Spelthorne
For further information about personal injury compensation, or to discuss your accident in Spelthorne with one of our advisers, please call our helpline now on 0800 689 0500. Or 0333 500 0993 if calling from a mobile. Both lines are open 24/7.